Monday, September 27, 2010

Weekend Adventure

Apparently Maya does not like my mom, and I have no idea why.  We went to my parents' house over Labor Day weekend, and she was fine with her.  But my parents came to my place this weekend, and Maya wouldn't go near her. 

Maya is always tentative around new people, but she'll warm up to them eventually.  Sometimes it takes a little longer with some people, but having them give her a treat always helps.  She was kind of timid around my dad, but I had him give her a treat and she was fine after that.  She didn't go run into his lap or anything, but she didn't run and hide from him either.

Now my mom is a different story.  It didn't matter what my mom did, Maya would not go near her.  If my mom had one of her toys, she didn't want that toy anymore.  If my mom walked towards her, she ran and hid behind me.  She wouldn't even take a treat from my mom!  She had to drop it or toss it towards her to get her to eat it.  I had never seen her refuse a treat before.  But the two funniest things happened Saturday night and Sunday morning. 

Saturday night, we made up a bed for my parents in the living room.  My mom was really tired, so she decided to lay down while we were chatting.  Sure enough, she was asleep 10 minutes later (if that long).  My mom snores, and since I don't, Maya doesn't really know what a snore is.  She (my mom) started snoring very softly, and Maya started growling very softly.  The louder my mom got, the louder Maya got.  When she actually started snoring, Maya started barking.  This woke my mom up just enough for her to start snoring softly again, and Maya started growling softly again.  This cycle went on for quite a while as my dad and I laughed at both of them.

Sunday morning, my mom and I were laying down in the living room and Maya was in her bed about 7 - 8 feet away.  My mom wondered aloud of Maya would come near her now.  I called Maya over, and she started heading our way (I should say my way).  She was almost to us when my mom put her arm around me.  Maya suddenly stopped, stared at us, and backed up into her bed again!  We laughed, of course, but what is up with this dog?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment