Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Vegetarian Puppy

For some reason, Maya loves eating grass and plants.  I've heard that dogs like to eat grass when they have an upset stomach, but I don't think that's it.  If she did it every now and then, I would say it's a possibility, but she does it daily.  In fact, she does it every time we go outside. 

My problem right now is that she does it whenever we're inside too.  I have one plant that she loves to munch on.  I've tried keeping her away from the plant entirely, I've tried catching her in the act and telling her to stop, I've tried almost everything I can think of, but nothing works. 

She knows she's not supposed to be near it, which is what makes it frustrating.  She'll wait until my back is turned, and then sneak over to it, grab a leaf, and run away with it in her mouth.  My poor plant used to have a lot more green leaves towards the bottom than it does now.  Any tips on getting her to stop?

No comments:

Post a Comment