Thursday, September 23, 2010

Poor Puppy!!

Yesterday, Maya was going crazy around the house, so I decided to take her out to run off some energy.  We went to a little park/dog run by my brother's place.  I called him up while we were there to see if maybe they wanted to bring Amos out.  Unfortunately, it started raining before he got there, but he invited me up for dinner.

Now those of you read this blog know that Maya and Amos don't exactly get along.  It's not that they don't like each other; it's just that Amos plays too rough and Maya doesn't like it.  She ends up barking and snapping at him, and he still doesn't leave her alone.  Last night was no different.  I'll let her defend herself unless it looks like he's getting too rough, or she gets tired and comes to me for help. 

Last night she got tired and ran up to me for help, and I picked her up and set her on my lap.  Amos walked away after a minute or two and went to his water bowl.  Thinking she was safe for the time being, she decided to jump off my lap.  My brother's place has hardwood floors, and I'm not sure if her feet slipped out from under her when she landed, or if she just landed on her side, but she ended up hitting the floor on her side, hard.  She got up, but was kind of stumbling, not quite sure of herself and started crying.  This was the first time I ever heard her cry, not a quick yelp, but actual crying.  I felt SO bad, but there wasn't much I could do.  I just picked her up and checked her over and tried to comfort her.  Even Amos, who had been chasing her around like a madman, was all of a sudden very gentle and looking concerned.  It was almost like he was saying, "I didn't do it!  Please be ok or they're going to blame me." 

After a few minutes, she was ok, but seemed a little tentative.  On the upside, Amos left her alone.  I think he was scared of hurting her.  And by the end of the night, she was back to her normal self and even initiating the playing with Amos.  But still, poor baby!!  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment