Tuesday, September 14, 2010

She Barked at Me!

For the first time ever, Maya barked at me!!  It wasn't like when I put her in her kennel and she wants out; she actually barked at me!!

This past weekend, Maya ripped through her favorite stuffed toy.  Since I've had adventures with dogs eating stuffing and getting sick, I decided not to take any chances and took it away from her until I had a chance to fix it.  Well, today I had time.  I grabbed the toy of the ledge (where she couldn't see it), and grabbed a needle and thread.

As soon as she saw the toy, she started jumping on me and trying to get at it.  I tried telling her "down," but she seemed to have "forgotten" what that means.  I kept nudging her down, but she just kept jumping back on me.  I just kept having to turn away from her.  She wasn't cooperating, so it took me forever to get it done.

When I finally finished, I gave it to her and she took off running with it in her mouth.  For the next hour, she wouldn't drop it, scared that someone (me) was going to take it away again.  At one point, she walked up to her water bowl, looked down at, and walked away.  It was like she was trying to figure out how to drink without dropping the toy.  Apparently keeping a hold of the toy was more important than drinking water.

No comments:

Post a Comment