Sunday, August 21, 2011

One Year Later...

Yesterday was Maya's "got day."  What's that?  It's the day I got her!  :)

It's officially been one year since Maya came home, and what a year it has been.  She started out as a really shy puppy who ran and hid from me to one whose favorite nap position is curled up on my lap or right next to me (where she happens to be right now).  We've had our share of adventures, from a broken leg (her) and a broken foot (me) to meeting new puppies and new babies.  We've visited the dog park (which she hates) and my parents house (which she loves), discovered her favorite foods (chicken and rice), her favorite treats (Cheerios), and her favorite non-chew toy chew toy (my socks).

Yes, it's been a lot of work, and we're still working on some things, but it's also been a lot of fun.  So what's my favorite part about having a dog?  Coming home and seeing how excited she is just to see me.  It's been a year, but it still makes me smile every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment