Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Haircut Time?

Time to catch up on some Maya adventures!!

I've decided that Maya needs a harness.  It something I had considered in the past, but hadn't thought about recently.  Then Maya broke her leg.  Then I broke my foot.  Then we've had 40 days of 100+ temperatures.  So what does that have to do with anything?  It means she hasn't gotten regular walks in a LONG time, and she's somewhat forgotten how to walk on her leash.  If we got out to potty, she has no problems.  But if we try to head out for a walk, she gets super-excited and pulls like crazy.  She's choking herself, coughing and gagging, but she won't stop pulling.  A friend took her for a walk the other day, and she suggested a harness.  It should help her not pull, but even if she pulls, she won't be getting choked.  That made sense to me.

The next day, I took Maya to PetSmart to check out the selection.  Maya loves going to PetSmart because she knows they have treats at the register.  Of course, that's the first place she heads (pulling the whole time).  The lady there knows her and bends down to pet her.  The first words out of her mouth?  "Hi there!  Looks like you're going to see the groomer today!"  Um, no.

Now don't get me wrong, I know that sometimes I let her coat get a little too long, but I thinks she looks really cute right now!  Am I right or am I right?


I don't know, but that seems like something you shouldn't ask, kind of like asking someone who's gained a little weight if they're pregnant.  (Ok, it's not that bad :P)

And by the way, they had a horrible selection, so Maya is still harness-less.

No comments:

Post a Comment