Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Invader

I've been working with Maya on getting her to leave me alone when I'm eating.  She does better some days than others, and it really doesn't matter what I'm eating.

Today was an especially bad day.  I tend to eat in the living room, and Maya tends to curl up on the other end of the couch.  Occasionally she heads my way, but I just block her path with my leg and she'll head back to her end.  About half the time I need to add a stern "no" or "off."  But that didn't work today.  No matter what I said or did, Maya just kept trying to get on my lap and into my plate.  The more I tried to get her to go back to her end of the couch, the more determined she was to get to my food. 

And then I happened to glance to her end of the couch, where my laptop bag was laying.  She wasn't trying to get to my food, she was trying to tell me there was something in her bed.  I moved the laptop bag, and she immediately went to her end of the couch and curled up for a quick nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment