Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sweet Puppy

I've decided that I have just about the sweetest puppy ever.  And as proof, here's what happened this morning.

Since it's getting dark earlier, we've been going on our evening walks a little earlier than we used to.  So instead of potty break at 7ish, walk and final potty at 9ish, it's just walk and final potty at 8ish (or just slightly later).  But because she goes out earlier than she used to, she also wakes me up to take her out earlier in the morning. 

Since last Saturday, I've taken her out and gone back to sleep.  Usually, I walk into the bedroom and Maya follows me in; I crawl into my bed, she crawls into hers, and we're both out for about an hour.  Today, she didn't follow me into the bedroom.  I didn't really pay attention to where she went, but I assumed she went to look out the window for a while.  I crawled into bed, and just as I'm about to fall asleep, I hear this teeny tiny muffled little bark.  Now I'm awake.  I listen closely thinking maybe I was imagining it, but about 30 seconds later, I hear it again. 

I quietly got out of bed and peeked into the living room.  And that's when I saw her.  Maya was lying on the floor, head resting on her front paws, staring at her empty food bowl.  And then another teeny tiny little bark.  My poor puppy was hungry, but she didn't want to wake me up!  You could almost see her little brain thinking: "I'm hungry, but Mommy is tired and I don't want to wake her up.  But I'm hungry.  Maybe if I bark really quiet...." 

Of course I went and got her some food.  Then I crawled back into bed.  After filling her tummy, Maya came and joined me (in her bed). 

Now admit it, I have the sweetest puppy.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment