Monday, December 19, 2011

Ewww, Carrots!!

One day, when Maya isn't very puppy like or isn't around any more, I'm going to think back at all her antics and smile.  But in order to make that happen, I need to remember those antics.  And that's where this blog comes in.  I've been pretty back about keeping up on it, and that needs to change.  I would say that I'm going to write something cute or funny or annoying or whatever every day, but we all know that's not going to happen.  So instead, I'll just say that I'll write when I remember something cute she does.

So today -- Maya's introduction to carrots.

I never give Maya people food.  Or I almost never give Maya people food.  There are two exceptions: I use Cheerios as her treats and for training, and I give her plain rice (maybe a little plain chicken with it) if she's sick or has an upset tummy.  But that's it.

Last night, I was munching on some baby carrots and accidentally dropped half of one.  Maya was in the kitchen with me, and she immediately jumped all over it, carrying it to her favorite spot under the table.  Then she set it down and smelled it.  And then she tried to bite it.  And then she dropped it again and tried licking it.  For the next 5 minutes or so, she kept trying to figure out what to do with it.  She couldn't seem to actually bite it, and licking it wasn't doing any good.  After many attempts, she finally did manage to crack it, at which point she tasted it for the first time (I think). 

She doesn't like carrots.  After finally getting it cracked open, she set it down on the ground and walked away.  I guess I don't need to worry about dropping any carrots on the ground.  And the best part?  I grabbed the camera and actually got her reaction on video.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment