Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Puppy of Terror

I have the bravest dog in the world, until someone or something looks at her, at which point she usually hides behind me.  I find it hilarious that when she sees someone in the parking lot or down the hall, she'll bark non-stop and pull on her leash like crazy.  But when she gets to them, she'll immediately cower in front of them or hide behind me.  Like I said, brave.

A few nights ago, we ran into another dog from the complex, a sweet lab that must be at least 10 years old.  We were walking back home when Maya spotted the lab, and she turned into a crazy puppy, barking and pulling like always.  At which point the lab ran and hid behind her mom!!  Poor dog, but I had to laugh.

I picked Maya up (the only thing that will get her to stop barking) and apologized to the lab's owner.  She explained that her dog is scared of little dog.  Apparently, her mother has a couple of little yorkies who always bully the lab around.  So now she's terrified of all little dogs, included my sweet innocent little puppy.  I felt bad for her, but I was funny to see this big dog scared of this tiny puppy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment