Monday, September 12, 2011

"Play With Me!"

I've been very busy with work lately, so my poor Maya has been left to her own devices much more often than I like.  She usually does pretty well, but sometimes she just really wants some attention.  This morning was one of those times.

I was in the bathroom getting ready for work when Maya comes looking for me.  She has one of her favorite balls in her mouth, which she drops at my feet.  This is the universal sign for starting a game of fetch.  I look down and tell her I can't play, that I have to get ready for work.  She looks at me with those big brown eyes, picks up the ball, and drops it at my feet again.  I ignore her.

I hear Maya leave the bathroom, only to reappear moments later with another ball in her mouth.  Again she drops it at my feet, and again I tell her I can't play.  She leaves again and comes back with another ball.  Eventually, there are five balls at my feet, and Maya is looking up at me with those big brown eyes.  Her tail was wagging slightly, almost tentatively, and you could just see the hope in her eyes.

That's when I decide that a ponytail would be a great look for today, and for the next 20 minutes, Maya and me enjoyed a nice game of fetch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment