Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Growing Puppy

Maya and I have run into people in the last few weeks that we haven't seen for a while, and they all say how big she's gotten.  To be honest, I thought they were crazy.  I see her every day, and she looks exactly the same.  And I guess that's the problem.  When you see someone (or something) every day, you don't notice the small changes.  It's only when you stop seeing them for a while and those small changes add up that you notice.

Why am I mentioning this?  Because yesterday, I realized Maya could no longer fit under the bed.  We were playing fetch (yes, inside) and one of her balls went under the bed.  This has happened before, but it usually goes all the way through to the other side and she can go around the bed to get it.  Well, yesterday it didn't make it to the other side.  She ran around the bed like always, but there was no ball.  So she came back to the front side, but still no ball.  She went around a couple more times before she realized where it was, but she still couldn't get to it.  Then she got mad and I had to grab it for her.

I remember when I brought her home and she used to love going under there.  It wasn't really hiding, just hanging out.  Somewhere along the way, she stopped doing it as often, and now she can't do it at all.  I guess those people who told me she was getting big were not all that crazy to begin with and my baby is just growing up.   

No comments:

Post a Comment