Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Tree

This is my first year with a puppy, and I've had to make a few adjustments along the way.  For example, I don't have any Christmas decorations up.  I blame it on Maya, because she would eat them.  Of course, I'm ignoring the fact that I just didn't have any spare time this year to get any decorations up.

I've never completely decked out the house at Christmas time (or any other time of the year), but I always at least have a tree.  However, there's no tree this year.  This is for a few non-puppy reasons and a few puppy reasons.  The non-puppy reasons are boring, so I'm going to ignore them for the time being.  The puppy reasons are really just two -- Maya loves leaves/branches and shiny things.  And when I say she loves these things, what I really mean is she loves pulling on them until she can run away with them and hide while chewing them to pieces.  I can see her now with a branch or ornament from the bottom of the tree in her mouth, tugging until it comes crashing down.  That's why I don't have a tree.

But as we all know, Christmas is just not Christmas without a tree.  So here is my compromise tree this year:


Next year, when she's not so into branches and shiny things, we'll go back to the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment