Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Not My Shoes!

One of Maya's favorite places to hang out is my closet.  For some reason, she loves laying on my shoes.  I always let her because she never chewed on them; she just liked laying on them.  And for the same reason, I never worried about leaving shoes lying around the living room.  Unless there were three or four of them together, she ignored them.

That has changed.  Two days ago, she discovered that shoes were fun to chew on.  She started with the shoe laces.  When I moved shoes with laces out of the way, she decided that chewing on a shoe was fun too, even if it didn't have laces.  So now all my shoes have moved into the closet, and the closet door stays closed. 

Right now Maya is teething, so I'm hoping that she'll outgrow the chewing stage.  In the meantime, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my closet door closed.  Until she figures out how to turn the knob, my shoes should be safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment