Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cold Season

I recently learned that cough drops are ok for a puppy.  I'm not suggesting that you feed them as treats or meals, but an occasional cough drop or ten doesn't hurt anything.

Like most people, I tend to leave things on top of my nightstand.  Maya has realized this, and believes anything I leave out is actually a treat for her.  I got out of the shower the other day and Maya did not come up running to me, which means she got into something she shouldn't have.  So I started my search.  It didn't take me long to realize that there was something in her mouth.  She ran off when I told her "drop," so I had to trade her for a Cheerio.  It ended up being a half eaten (and still half-wrapped) cough drop.  A quick scan of my bedroom revealed two empty wrappers with tiny teeth holes. 

So I learned two things that day.  First, don't leave cough drops on the night stand.  Second, cough drops have a lot of sugar and make puppies very hyper.  At least she didn't get sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment