Friday, March 18, 2011

Calm Down!

Two weeks ago, Maya went back to the vet for followup on her broken leg.  Unfortunately, the vet put her on four more weeks of restricted activity -- no running, no jumping.  I swear this vet has never had a puppy before.  If she had, she would know how impossible it is to keep a little one calm for long.

Like tonight, it's 11:00 pm and instead of going to bed, I'm playing tug-o-war with Maya.  Why?  Because it's the only way I can keep her from running around like a mad woman.  She gets these bursts of energy at 10:00 pm every night.  At 9:59 pm, she's fast asleep.  At 10:00 pm, the sprinklers come on and she's up and full of energy for at least an hour.  My options are either play with her and try to keep her calm (hence the tug-o-war) or put her in her kennel and make her go back to sleep (after she cries for a while).  I went with option 1.  

I don't really mind her being up, and I didn't used to mind her running around, but with her leg not completely healed, it's just not a good idea.  So the bad news is we play tug-o-war with her leash and it gets a little more torn up.  The good news is she definitely feels better.

No comments:

Post a Comment