Friday, January 14, 2011

Comfy Couch

I'm one of those people who does not like dogs on the couch, on the chairs, on the bed, etc., so I've tried to teach Maya that these are forbidden areas.  The bed is easy -- she can't get up there.  The chairs have been easy too -- I think she's scared she'll fall off because they're not very big, so she doesn't try.  But the couch is another story.

Until recently, Maya was just too small to jump up on the couch.  However, a few weeks ago, she figured it out.  She has to take a little bit of a running start, but she can jump up there now.  I tell her to get off whenever I catch her, and she usually listens.  Only once have I had to actually pick her up and put her back on the ground.  But I don't know what she does when I'm not around.  She's in her crate when I'm at school or running errands, so I know she can't get on the couch or into other things.  She's has done a few things in the past (if you'd like to see what she likes to do with a roll of paper towels while I'm in the shower, click here), but for the most part, she stays out of trouble.

For the past week or so, I've been convinced that she hangs out on the couch while I'm in the shower.  But since I haven't been able to catch her, it's not like I can do anything about it.  Today, I got proof that she was up there.  I left the TV remote on the couch, and when I got out of the shower, the TV was on a different channel.  I guess she sat or stepped on it while chilling on the couch.  But again, what can I do about it?  I know I'm never going to catch her (she gets off when she hears the shower turn off) and I can't do anything about it unless I catch her.  I guess I'm just going to have to accept that she's found a new place to relax for a few minutes each morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment