Thursday, August 19, 2010

Finally Made the Decision

Those that know me know I've been saying for years that I want a dog.  My brother was the first person to convince me not to get one.....by asking me to doggy-sit his dog, Wrigley.  Don't get me wrong, Wrigley is a great dog.  She's a lab mix that he got from the SPCA years ago, and she's one of the sweetest dogs I have ever met.

Years ago (I'm guessing about 8 or 9) she was just a puppy.  He was heading out of town for a few days and needed someone to take care of her.  Since I was considering getting a dog, he thought this would be a good test run.  Everything went great until day two when she ate my sleeping bag.  I didn't particularly care about the sleeping bag, but she ended up getting sick.  Over the next three nights, I was getting up every 2 hours to let her out.  That was not fun. 

Anyways, Wrigley eventually recovered and is a healthy, happy dog.  I, however, was no longer wanting a dog.  Over the years, I have alternately said I've wanted one and would never get one.  But in the last couple of years, I've noticed that I've wanted one more and more.  And now I've made the decision to go ahead and get a puppy.  Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment