Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow

Maya got her first taste of snow today, literally.  We don't get too many snow days in Texas, so Maya hadn't seen any snow before now.  And she liked it!

I think she doesn't quite know what to make of it -- it's really cold on her paws, but it tastes so good!  It took us a while to get downstairs this morning, mainly because Maya kept stopping to eat the snow.  She had to taste it every so often, because maybe this pile tasted different than the last pile.  But after she did her business, she had had enough, and she kept jumping up on my leg until I picked her up.  Since her fur hasn't grown back yet after her surgery, her leg and bottom were exposed to the elements, and she was cold!  She didn't stop shaking until she had been under my coat for a few minutes. 

But she does like the snow in small quantities.  I've mentioned before that she has a bell on the door to let me know when she needs to go outside (her "potty bell").  This afternoon, she started ringing it non-stop.  I knew she didn't have to go out because we had come in about 10 minutes earlier, but I finally got tired of listening to the bell and got up.  I grabbed my shoes, my coat, my scarf.  I put her leash on, and then we headed out the door.  In the time it took me to lock the door, she had run to the edge of the snow, grabbed a mouthful, and had run back to the door, ready to go back inside. Guess she just wanted to make sure it was still there, and still oh-so-delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment