Monday, November 8, 2010

Scary Box

I finally tired of having Maya's toys all over the living room and constantly tripping on them, so I made her a toy box.  Nothing exciting, just a cardboard box that I put her toys into like this:


Now here's the funny part -- Maya is scared of the box!  I first had the box lying flat, but realized that she couldn't get her toys out.  So I decided to lean it against the wall.  The only problem with this is that it moves when she tries to grab a toy, and that's what scares her.  I'm not sure, but I think she thinks it's trying to attack her.  

So what does she do if she wants one of the toys?  She slowly sneaks up on the box, the quickly tries to snatch it out of the box before it attacks her.  She usually doesn't get it, but manages to move it closer to the edge.  She repeats this until the toy is free from the clutches of the evil box.  If she can't get the toy, like if it's at the bottom or the box keeps moving, she'll finally give up and bark at it until I come help her. 

It's cute, but this whole toy box thing isn't working like I imagined.  At least she no longer feels like she has to rescue all her toys from the box as soon as I put them in there.  I think once she's not scared of it anymore I'll try to teach her to put her toys in there on her own.....

No comments:

Post a Comment